When the Oklahoma summers hit, there is nothing like spending time cooling off in a pool. If you have a pool make sure that you do not neglect your pool coping as part of your pool maintenance or even your spa services. Make sure that you do not neglect your pool coping as part of your pool maintenance. This part of a pool not only enhances the beauty of the space, but it also plays a vital role in safety and pool preservation.
What Does Pool Coping Do?
Coping is the border around the top of the swimming inground pools. Coping comes in different styles, but they all serve the same purpose, protecting the pool and swimmers. Here are a few reasons to consider stone pool coping Oklahoma.
- Pool coping will help keep your pool clean and reduce the amount of debris that falls into the water.
- It reduces the risk of slipping by creating a textured surface that people can easily grasp.
- Coping keeps water from reaching the space behind the shell of the pool.
- Pool coping provides support for pool covers, particularly automatic ones.
Now that you understand why you need pool coping, let’s visit the benefits of using stone.
The Strengths of Stone
There are many reasons to choose stone over other materials, such as tile. Here are a few reasons stone pool coping Oklahoma is your best option.
- Durability- Natural stone building materials are hard and known for their ability to handle normal wear and tear. Their porous nature allows them to adjust to the extreme temperatures, and they can withstand the moisture from the pool or rain.
- Maintenance- The tough nature of stones makes them naturally stain resistant. Additionally, there are types of sealing and coating agents that make some stones practically impossible to damage. Cleaning often requires nothing more than water and detergent.
- Protect Pool Walls- Pool coping covers the sides of the pool, which are load-bearing. This additional covering helps prevent damage by bearing some of the weight.
- Increase Property Value - Stone pool coping Oklahoma looks beautiful in any setting, particularly natural settings such as backyards. It also will add value to your home that other materials will not.
Now that you understand how important pool coping is, you will want to find a reputable supplier with a diverse inventory. Your best bet is to choose an Oklahoma company with a staff that has experience with pools. A local supplier will be easier to work with, and you have the added bonus of visiting the showroom to see the stone in person.