When building a new home or updating your current one, you have the opportunity to create something that uniquely represents your personal style. Your home’s exterior makes a powerful first impression, so it is important that you select the best style for you. Two home design styles that make an impressive impact are traditional and modern farmhouse.
While modern farmhouses and traditional-style homes are very different, both frequently utilize natural stone in their designs. Whether the builder incorporates traditional or modern stone Oklahoma, any house built with natural stone will benefit from increased strength, durability, and aesthetic appeal. Learning more about these styles can help you determine which is best for your home.
Defining Modern Farmhouses and Traditional Homes
Modern Farmhouse Stone Design OKC
As with any house style, there are many variations within the modern farmhouse design style. However, the style always combines the comfort and charm of farmhouses with contemporary architecture’s sleek style to create luxurious and natural homes. Four elements that help define modern farmhouse design are:
- Neutral tones, usually white, are utilized to create a sense of cleanliness and coolness.
- Natural materials create a comforting and welcoming atmosphere.
- Farmhouse stone design OKC elements make homes unique while adding strength and durability.
- Decorative yet functional fixtures, particularly lighting, add customization to help homes lean more traditional or modern.
Modern farmhouse design encompasses a wide range of architectural focuses. Some homes are more angular and modern, while others mimic traditional farmhouses. For especially unique spaces, some designers create homes inspired by barns or silos.
Traditional Home Design
A wide range of design subtypes fit within the traditional design style, making it one of the most widely appealing home design types. Many elements of the style that range across the subtypes honor historic homes, including large porches, dormers, and tall roofs. Popular traditional home design styles include:
- Townhomes; simple yet beautiful houses with a traditional layout and gabled roofs.
- Tudor; elegant homes with multi-gabled roofs and decorative framing.
- Colonial; a wide style range that often includes dormers and columns.
- Victorian; ornate homes that are asymmetrical, unlike many other traditional subtypes.
Although there is a wide variety of architectural focuses within the traditional style, one frequent similarity is the use of natural stone Oklahoma. Whether used in the main structure or to add decorative elements, natural stones make traditional homes more unique, impressive, and long-lasting.
Deciding Between Traditional and Modern Stone Oklahoma
Your entire home should have an enjoyable atmosphere that fits your style, whether you are relaxing inside or spending time in your backyard. Consider the features of traditional homes and modern farmhouses to see which fits your own tastes. Of course, you can always look to the other houses in your neighborhood and view our portfolio for inspiration.
When you are constructing or updating your house, it is important that you only use the highest quality materials to ensure that your home is strong, long-lasting, and aesthetically pleasing. Visit Richburg Stone to find the best materials for your traditional home or modern farmhouse.