Natural stone Oklahoma is the perfect material for any part of your home – from the main part of the building to any final touches you need to add. Whether adding flooring, wall cladding, or countertops, stone is always an option. Of course, you often find tiles in these areas, but which material is the best choice for your home?
OKC Stone or Tiles
Before deciding between ceramic tile and Oklahoma stone OKC for your home, consider the difference between the two materials and compare them with your design preferences and the needs of your family.
Oklahoma Stone OKC
There are many reasons to consider installing natural stone in your home.
- A Natural Product – Since stone is a natural material, you know that it does not contain any added or harmful chemicals that may affect your family.
- Durability – This material is much harder, stronger, and more durable than ceramic tile, making natural stone Oklahoma ideal for flooring on any surface that will be used consistently. Additionally, any scratches on a stone will simply enhance its character.
- Easy Maintenance – Stone requires very little maintenance. Simple soap and water will work most of the time. The only cleaning product to avoid is acidic cleaners.
- Unique Look – Natural stone is available in a variety of colors and textures that will complement any style. No matter what you like, there is a stone for you.
- Cost – Stone will initially cost more than ceramic tile; however, it is less likely to break. Since this natural material has the strength and durability to last, you will not need to replace it anytime soon.
While ceramic tile has some similarities to stone flooring, the differences between the materials are worth noting.
- Natural Materials – Since ceramic tiles are made from natural clay, they will also not contain any harmful added chemicals that could affect your family.
- Range of Durability – Ceramic tiles are available in a range of hardness ratings, which affect durability; it is important to consider this when selecting flooring. In general, natural stone is more durable than ceramic tiles.
- Stain Resistance – Most ceramic tiles have an added glaze that acts as a protective seal to prevent staining. However, if you choose unglazed tile, its high porosity can easily lead to staining.
- Style Variations – Unlike stone, which is cut and shaped to be used as flooring, ceramic tiles are manufactured in a specific size and shape. As such, there are many style variations, including bright colors and complex patterns.
- Cost – While ceramic tiles are available at many different prices, tile flooring generally costs less than stone flooring.
Selecting Your Flooring Material
Whether natural stone or ceramic tile is better for your home depends on your priorities with the project. Ceramic tiles may be ideal if you are interested in an affordable or ornate flooring material. If your focus is on durability, ease of maintenance, and a unique look that still has a timeless appearance, natural stone flooring is perfect for your home.
Your Source for Quality OKC Stone
At Richburg Stone, we supply a range of high-end natural stone flooring materials. To find the ideal stone for your home, please browse our website, visit our showroom, or contact us.